Our Litigation Department has achieved outstanding results in both federal and state courts for our clients, who range from individuals and start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
For more than a century, our litigators have provided excellent representation, marked by sensitivity and responsiveness to our clients’ goals. Our experience and depth enable us to take cases through trial and appeal, but we also recognize the value to our clients of resolving cases quickly through settlement and alternative dispute resolution.
Our business litigation expertise covers all areas of the business world. We have represented clients in a broad array of commercial disputes, from disagreements involving the interpretation of contracts, stock ownership, and mergers, to claims of fraud and unfair competition. Our intellectual property cases involve trademark, trade dress, copyright, trade secret, and patent rights. We regularly bring expeditious administrative actions and lawsuits to recover domain names for our clients. Our clients’ employment cases involve discrimination and wage and hour claims in court and before administrative bodies. Other cases include trust and estate disputes and real estate matters, such as leasing, sale, and construction defect claims.
Whatever business dispute you face, let us help you resolve it.
- Donahue Fitzgerald Attorneys Named 2020 Super Lawyers
- The Impact of Romag Fasteners Inc. v. Fossil Inc.: Willfulness Is Not Required For An Award Of Profits In Trademark Infringement
- Partner David M. Jolley Joins Donahue Fitzgerald
- Associate Kristoffer S. Jacob Joins Donahue Fitzgerald
- Spotify Settles $1.6B IP Suit Brought By Tom Petty’s Publisher, Law360
- Senior Counsel Kate Friend Joins Donahue Fitzgerald
- The Continuing Impact of PhoneDog v. Kravitz on the Ownership of Business-Related Social Media Accounts, The North Bay Business Journal
- Senior Counsel Holiday D. Powell Joins the Firm’s Oakland Office
- Donahue Fitzgerald Attorneys Named 2018 Super Lawyers
- Sweeping New Music Law Expedites A $1.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Spotify
- LA punk rock band NOFX aims to share in $1.6 billion Spotify suit, My News LA
- Senior Litigation Associate, Jesse B. McKeithen Joins the Firm’s Oakland Office
- Spotify Attorney Estimates the Service Infringed 300,000 Songs in Settlement Hearing
- Donahue Fitzgerald Congratulates Our Partner, Eric A. Handler, as ACBA’s 2017 President
- ‘Happy birthday’ Case May Change Content Licensing Practices, Daily Journal
- The Most Famous Song in the World Set Free: Impacts of the Happy Birthday to You Settlement, IPWatchdog.com®
- A Smoking Gun in the Case of Who Owns ‘Happy Birthday to You’, KQED Arts
- Urban Legends of Copyright Law
- Oh, Happy Day: Happy Birthday Enters the Public Domain, Franchise Times
- ‘Happy Birthday’ Suit Resolved: The Most-Sung Song Is Free for All
- Donahue Fitzgerald Attorneys Wrap Up $14 Million Settlement in “Happy Birthday to You” Class Action Lawsuit
- Workplace Email Policies
- Avoid Class Action Suits by Using Arbitration Agreements
- Judge Rules “Happy Birthday To You” Now In Public Domain
- Happy Birthday to You, Oakland Business Review
- Napa Earthquake Losses: Insurance Coverage Matters
- Insulating Your Business against Twitter Defections