Business and Corporate
Donahue Fitzgerald’s corporate attorneys provide pragmatic, results-oriented legal representation in a fast-paced, competitive business environment.
Donahue Fitzgerald specializes in advising public and private companies, from high-tech start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, regarding corporate transactions, institutional and venture financings, and commercial matters. Our attorneys represent clients in the formation, financing, operation, and dissolution of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies, and regularly advise these entities on corporate governance matters. We represent clients with respect to financing transactions and acquisitions and mergers, including tax structuring and securities compliance issues. We also negotiate and document a wide range of commercial and contractual matters, including transportation, utilities, employment, non-competition, consulting, distributorship, software and technology licensing, non-disclosure, collaboration, development and other agreements and arrangements. We also specialize in representing corporations and shareholders in the contested admission and departure of shareholders and executives, as well as shareholder disputes. Our clients are engaged in diverse industries including technology, life sciences, venture capital, investment management, community banking, real estate, industrial manufacturing, consumer goods, international trade, professional and consulting services, and nonprofit foundations.
Our attorneys work closely with clients to understand their industry and business objectives, and provide solutions to reach agreements and successfully close deals.
Donahue Fitzgerald acts as local counsel for national corporations and financial institutions and as general outside counsel for many local and regional companies.
As part of a full service commercial law firm, the Business and Corporate Transactions practice group regularly works with attorneys in other firm practice areas including Litigation, Intellectual Property, Tax, Employment, and Real Estate as warranted by our clients’ needs. Working closely with these other groups, our attorneys are able to craft integrated business and legal solutions for our clients.
- The Impact of Romag Fasteners Inc. v. Fossil Inc.: Willfulness Is Not Required For An Award Of Profits In Trademark Infringement
- Does COVID-19 Excuse Performance Under Your Contract?
- Donahue Fitzgerald Ranked in Top Tier of 2020 “Best Law Firms”
- Business Succession Considerations Under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, The North Bay Business Journal
- Donahue Fitzgerald Attorneys Recognized in the Best Lawyers in America© 2020 Edition, Best Lawyers in America
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- GDPR-Year One: Practitioners’ Perspective
- Associate Shruti B. Arora Joins Donahue Fitzgerald
- Donahue Fitzgerald Advises The Speech Pathology Group in its Partnership with Ridgemont Equity Partners, AP News
- Associate Elizabeth M. Hollis Joins Donahue Fitzgerald
- Donahue Fitzgerald Ranked in Top Tier of 2019 “Best Law Firms”
- Donahue Fitzgerald Attorneys Recognized in the Best Lawyers in America© 2019 Edition, Best Lawyers in America
- Associates Michelle E. Hernandez and Priscilla N. Hatton Join Donahue Fitzgerald
- Donahue Fitzgerald Ranked in Top Tier of 2018 “Best Law Firms”
- Donahue Fitzgerald Attorneys Recognized in the Best Lawyers in America© 2018 Edition, Best Lawyers in America©
- Donahue Fitzgerald Ranked In Top Tier of 2017 “Best Law Firms”
- Donahue Fitzgerald Attorneys Recognized in the Best Lawyers in America© 2016 Edition, Best Lawyers in America©
- Brinker Decision Impacts Meal and Rest Break Policies
- Avoid Class Action Suits by Using Arbitration Agreements
- Using UCC Security Interest Filings to Increase Your Bottom Line
- Ten Things to Consider When Starting a New Business
- New California LLC Act
- Branding 101: Major Pitfalls to Avoid in Launching a New Business or Product Name
- Advertising and Social Media
- Are You Ready for the Next Data Breach? The FTC, Privacy Policies, and Data Protection
- Online Privacy Laws Take Effect in California