Steven K. Lee Partner (510) 451-3300 firstname.lastname@example.org Download vCard LinkedInDownload Bio
Steven Lee is co-chair of the firm’s Business and Corporate Transactions Group and is a member of the Intellectual Property Practice Group. He represents domestic and international clients in a variety of industries, including angel investor networks, software and technology companies, finance lenders, consumer packaged goods companies, wineries, healthcare providers, real estate investment companies, nonprofits, and public agencies.
As outside general counsel for entrepreneurs, emerging companies and publicly traded companies, Steve has handled a broad range of matters, such as:
- Formation of business and nonprofit entities
- Debt and equity financing
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate governance
- License and distribution agreements
- Software development agreements
Steve has a successful intellectual property practice representing clients in the software, technology and entertainment industries. He has negotiated settlements of copyright infringement claims on behalf of numerous software companies, recovering millions of dollars from infringers for his clients. He advises clients on securing and enforcing their trademark rights and has successfully negotiated numerous licensing arrangements and co-existence agreements for his clients in lieu of trademark litigation. He has handled intellectual property matters and corporate transactions for entertainment industry clients such as Carlos Santana, Journey, The Doobie Brothers, Phish, Grateful Dead, The String Cheese Incident, The J. Geils Band, and Amon Tobin. He also serves as outside general counsel to The ArcView Group, an angel investor network focused on the cannabis industry.
Steve is actively involved with business incubators and accelerators. He has given presentations on business and corporate law issues and intellectual property law issues to startups at numerous business incubators and accelerators.
Prior to joining Donahue Fitzgerald, Steve served as associate general counsel at ABM Industries in San Francisco, California, where he gained valuable in-house counsel experience and an appreciation for creative, practical solutions to business disputes. In law school, he served as an editor of the Boston University International Law Journal.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Member, Alameda County Assessment Appeals Board
- Co-Chair, Board of Directors, East Bay Asian Youth Center (EBAYC)
- Vice-President, Board of Directors, Oakland Chinatown Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Board of Directors, Asian Advisory Committee on Crime
- Past President and Member, Board of Directors, Rebuilding Together Oakland
- Awarded, AT&T Community Spotlight Award, AT&T
- Donahue Fitzgerald Ranked in Top Tier of 2018 “Best Law Firms”
- Donahue Fitzgerald Ranked In Top Tier of 2017 “Best Law Firms”
- Donahue Fitzgerald Honored to Present Award to Maximum Games
- Using UCC Security Interest Filings to Increase Your Bottom Line
- Ten Things to Consider When Starting a New Business
- Branding 101: Major Pitfalls to Avoid in Launching a New Business or Product Name
- Online Privacy Laws Take Effect in California
Recent Speaking Engagements
November 12, 2017 | Henderson, NV
2017 ArcView International Investor Forum
The ArcView Group