Padmini Cheruvu Associate (510) 451-3300 firstname.lastname@example.org Download vCard LinkedInDownload Bio
Padmini Cheruvu is a litigation associate with a focus on intellectual property and business disputes. As a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group, she assists clients in securing, protecting, and enforcing their intellectual property rights, with an emphasis on trademarks and trade secrets. Her experience includes prosecuting trademark applications filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, representing clients in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and the prosecution and defense of trademark infringement and trade secret misappropriation in state and federal court. She has assisted clients in all stages of litigation, including settlement negotiations, hearings, discovery, pre-trial motions, and trial preparation.
During law school, Padmini was the operations editor for the Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal and a staff editor for the Hastings Science and Technology Law Journal. During her final year, she participated in the Hastings Workers’ Rights Clinic, where she counseled low-income workers in a wide range of employment issues, and the Hastings Mediation Clinic, where she mediated cases in the San Francisco Small Claims Court. She was a teaching assistant in moot court and legal writing and research, and a singer and musical director of Hastings Legal Notes.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Member, Alameda County Bar Association
- Member, South Asian Bar Association of Northern California
- Recipient, CALI Excellence for the Future Award®, Hastings Civil Justice Clinic
- Recipient, Witkin Award - Negotiations and Settlement, Hastings Civil Justice Clinic
- The Continuing Impact of PhoneDog v. Kravitz on the Ownership of Business-Related Social Media Accounts, The North Bay Business Journal, 2018 Legal and Accounting Guide
- The Effects of the Defend Trade Secrets Act, The North Bay Business Journal, 2016 Legal and Accounting Guide
- 2015 California Employment Legislation Update
- 2016 California Employment Legislation Update
- Are You Ready for the Next Data Breach? The FTC, Privacy Policies, and Data Protection
- “Three Parent IVF and its Effect on Parental Rights,” Hastings Science & Technology Law Journal, vol. 6, Winter 2014