David A. Stein Partner (510) 451-3300 email@example.com Download vCard LinkedInDownload Bio
David A. Stein’s practice emphasizes litigation in the areas of construction, real estate and general business disputes. Before joining the firm, Mr. Stein was a founding partner of Stein, Rudser, Cohen & Magid LLP. Previously he practiced with major civil litigation firms in Oakland and San Francisco, California. He has had full responsibility over cases with claims exceeding one million dollars. Representative clients include property owners, architects, engineers, public entities, general contractors, and sub-contractors.
Mr. Stein taught Legal Aspects of Construction at Diablo Valley College. Previously, he was a panelist for Lorman Educational Services program entitled “Tricks, Traps And Ploys Used In Construction Scheduling.” He also served as a panelist for the Continuing Education of the Bar program: “Construction Law – Contracts and Disputes,” and co-authored the article “Construction Claims From the Architect/Engineer Viewpoint.” David lectured for Golden Gate University Center for Professional Development on construction contracts and claims in residential real estate development. He was a consultant to the Continuing Education of the Bar in developing a “Mentor Access Pack” for handling mechanic’s lien claims.
During law school, David was a participant on the Hastings International and Comparative Law Review and a teaching assistant in contract and real property law. After graduation, David served as a law clerk for the Superior Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
David provides private mediation services. He is a lifelong Oakland resident.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Alameda County Bar Association
- Board Member, Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Oakland Leadership Council, Great Oakland Public Schools C(4)
- Member and Past President, Oakland Rotary
- Advisory Board Member, East Bay Agency for Children
- Advisory Board Member, Friends of Oakland Parks & Recreation
- Named, Super Lawyers - Northern California, Super Lawyers, 2007-2012, 2015-2018