Data Privacy and Security
Our data privacy and security practice addresses the new challenges posed by Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and other laws that regulate how your business collects, uses, shares, and disposes of the information which is critical to its operations both within the United States and around the world.
We focus on practical and comprehensive approaches to compliance, risk assessment, contract revisions, and public-facing communications. Our clients include sellers of Internet-connected products, technology platforms, subscription-based services, hospitality businesses, retailers, artists and entertainers, and more.
Compliance and Counseling
For businesses dealing with…
- How these laws impact their operations
- Data mapping and operational audits
- Assessing security measures
- Creating new compliance policies
- Updating websites
- Managing marketing usage of data
- Privacy Notices and consumer communications
- Data Processing Agreements
- Vendor contract negotiations
- Subject Access Requests
- Identity verification
- Internet of Things (IoT) product assessments
…the Donahue Fitzgerald privacy team is ready to help.
Data Breach Response
If your business experiences a malicious or inadvertent loss of data, your response is critical. Let us help with advice regarding response time frames, information, compliance requirements, and recommendations to handle this urgent situation in order to mitigate damages, data loss, and harm to third parties and your own business.
- California Passes Prop 24 Amending the California Consumer Privacy Act
- EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Found Inadequate. SCCs Still Stand.
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Employee Privacy Issues
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- GDPR-Year One: Practitioners’ Perspective
- Associate Shruti B. Arora Joins Donahue Fitzgerald