ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Ability to assist in drafting of estate planning and trust administration documents;
- Prior experience preparing asset lists, analyzing bank and business records, identifying trust and non-trust assets, and identifying title and character of assets
- Ability to meet and communicate with clients and client advisors
- Experience assisting clients with trust funding and preparing documents to facilitate same, recordation of deeds with accompanying transfer documents;
- Ability to prepare and assemble federal estate tax returns; and
- .Knowledge of Probate Court process including court filings, including for example, petitions for instructions, Probate Code Sections 850 petitions, petitions to approve accountings, and objections and replies to petitions;
- Familiarity with Probate Code notice requirements and ability to manage calendar notice deadlines;
- Managing trust and probate administration case matter and deadlines;
- Determining beneficiaries and persons entitled to notice; and
- Knowledge of court-supervised procedures to transfer property without probate (including spousal property petitions, Heggstad petitions, and affidavits regarding real property of small value).
- Calendar critical deadlines and meetings in Compulaw
- High School Diploma, required
- Bachelor’s Degree, required
- Paralegal Certificate, required
- Must have 3+ years as a paralegal in estate planning
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to interact professionally with individual across all organizational levels
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please reference Trust and Estates Paralegal in the subject line of your e-mail.
DF LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.