DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and develop the firm’s Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll team members, which includes but is not limited to hiring, training, assignment of work, performance evaluations, discipline, termination, and salary administration
- Oversee the firm’s matter intake, time entry and Billing processes to ensure accurate and timely invoicing of clients. Confirm all client billing guidelines are being met Collaborate with Billing team to ensure billing rate changes are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain accounting systems database including, setup and delete users; liaison with vendor on any technical issues
- Manage the firm’s Accounts Receivable process. Ensure daily deposits are made and posted. Assist with Collections of past due balances
- Manage the firm’s Accounts Payable process. Ensure regular check runs are issued timely, accurately, and within budget
- Supervise Payroll staff in processing of bi-weekly payrolls. Responsible for ensuring statutory and voluntary deductions are properly withheld. Work with payroll vendor to ensure timely and accurate remittance of payroll taxes and other withholdings each payroll
- Perform and review general ledger reconciliations
- Monitor and calculate custom compensation reports on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Prepare all necessary monthly reporting regarding Billing, AR, AP, and Payroll.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested by Director of Finance or other Directors and Senior Management
- Perform other functions as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 5+ years of progressive accounting, payroll, and legal billing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance, required
- Prior law firm or professional services industry, strongly desired
- 5+ years of direct supervisory experience of accounting teams required. Strong team-building skills and ability to motivate staff
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high ethical standards and strict confidentiality
- Excellent analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Results driven with the ability to set and meet priorities within firm expectations
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and provide well-substantiated explanations of financial events and trends
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate via email, in person or by telephone with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and vendors to provide information with courtesy and tact
- Commitment to excellent quality of work, customer service and teamwork
- Work extended hours as needed
- Work on-site on a regular, punctual, and reliable schedule
- Demonstrated understanding of law firm billing/accounting system software such as Elite, Aderant, LMS
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office/Office 365
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established firm that offers interesting work, a collaborative working environment, and competitive benefits. Interested candidates should complete the application process through ADP Workforce Now.
DF LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The estimated annual base salary range for this position is $120,000 – $150,000. Salary determinations are made based on numerous factors including, but not limited to years of relevant experience and job knowledge required for this role.
Donahue Fitzgerald, LLP will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12.