What You Need to Know About Franchising Your Business
How to get your business ready for franchising, what it takes to launch a start-up franchise from legal to operational issues, and how to figure out if this is really a path you want.
Designed for business owners who are considering franchising, this seminar by a bar-certified specialist in Franchise & Distribution Law will cover the most frequently asked questions and the nuts and bolts of launching a start-up franchise system, including:
- What is a franchise, and am I better off just licensing my business name?
- If I want to sell franchises everywhere, what laws do I need to know about?
- What are the things I should be working on now if I plan to franchise in the future?
- What does a “standard” franchise system look like?
- How much time and money will I have to invest to get started?
- What challenges should I anticipate?
- How do I know if my business is ready?
Dawn Newton is a certified specialist in Franchise & Distribution Law by the State Bar of California’s Board of Legal Specialization. She has worked with franchise systems in the fields of seated and fast casual restaurants, real estate, retail, children’s programs, personal services, health care, construction, consulting and hospitality. She is a frequent speaker and author on the subject of franchise law and is currently a member of the Governing Committee for the American Bar Association’s Forum on Franchising.
7:30- 8:oo am Registration and Breakfast
8:30- 9:15 am Program