IFA’s 52nd Legal Symposium
Dawn Newton, franchise and distribution law specialist, will be co-presenting a program called “The Distribution of Legal Cannabis – Impact and Opportunities for Franchising” at the IFA’s 52nd Legal Symposium in Washington D.C. on May 6-7, 2019.
In several U.S. states and in all of Canada the sale and distribution of medical and/or recreational cannabis has been legalized. This workshop will address:
- What type of Cannabis use and distribution is legal and where in the US and Canada?
- What is the current state of the business climate and market…a new “Gold Rush”?
- What is the role for franchising in the distribution of Cannabis?
- What unique issues arise in a Cannabis business, including production, licensing, distribution, banking, tax, packaging and labeling, advertising and marketing and trademark protection, branding and licensing.
- What is the near and long term future hold in regard to legalization? What pitfalls await?
Moderator: Frank Robinson, Partner, Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Speakers: Dave Koch, Managing Partner, Plave Koch PLC; Dawn Newton, Partner, Donahue Fitzgerald LLP
Plave Koch PLC
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP