CCCEAC 2020 Employment Law News & Update: Adjusting To A New Normal
The past five months have been a time of unprecedented change for California employers. A raft of new California state laws effective January 1 dramatically affect almost every California employer, from small mom-and-pops to large publicly-traded corporations. On top of these changes, the current public health crisis has spawned new legislation and programs on the federal level. Employers are having to adjust to these changes on shortened time frames while coping with tremendous workforce challenges.
Join Donahue Fitzgerald LLP’s Employment Practice Group for a review of the changing legal landscape for California employers, including the latest legislative and regulatory updates addressing the COVID-19 health crisis. Topics to be covered include:
- new guidelines that will make every employer rethink how it uses consultants and contractors
- the new deadline, longest in the nation, for employees to file discrimination claims
- restrictions on what employers can include in employee contracts – even current contracts may be affected
- new regulations on breastfeeding, hairstyles, mandatory employee training, injury reporting, and pay
- up-to-the-minute briefings on current court cases challenging these new laws
- best practices for maintaining workforce flexibility in a period of sudden economic downturn
This program is part of the monthly seminar breakfast series hosted by The Contra Costa County Employer Advisory Council in partnership with the Employment Development Department.
Please use this link to register.