2024 Annual Employment Law Update
Please join Donahue Fitzgerald and Contra Costa County Employer Advisory Council (CCCEAC) for a complimentary virtual employment law seminar. This annual update is your opportunity to understand the latest court cases, legislative and regulatory activity, and significant developments that will affect your workplace in 2024.
During this complimentary program, Donahue Fitzgerald attorneys will cover developments in key workplace topics, including wage-hour and EEO compliance, reasonable accommodations, leaves of absence, employer policies and procedures. Topics of discussion include:
- Overview of new and updated employer obligations in CA employment law for 2024
- Best Practices regarding accommodations, including religious and lactation
- Best practices in developing a policy regarding Off-the-Job Cannabis Use
- Best Practices regarding developing/strengthening a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Ensuring compliance with the CCPA/CPRA, with an eye on the new enforcement date of March 29, 2024
- Ensuring compliance with the latest Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) requirements and new remote verification rules
Attendees will have the opportunity to ask the presenting attorneys general questions about the topics covered.
The program is co-sponsored by the Contra Costa County Employer Advisory Council.
Please RSVP by November 28th.
The program is complimentary. Advanced registration is required. Topics and schedule subject to change.
HRCI and SHRM credits pending.