Mary M. Rudser Partner (510) 451-3300 firstname.lastname@example.org Download vCard LinkedInDownload Bio
Mary M. Rudser is a partner who focuses on estate planning, trust administration, and probate law and was a long time former co-chair of the Trusts and Estates Practice Group. In her tax and estate planning practice, Mary prepares comprehensive estate plans and advises clients about probate avoidance and minimization of estate and income taxes. She handles all aspects of trust administrations. She also deals with succession planning for family-owned businesses. Her probate practice includes decedents’ estates.
Ms. Rudser has served on multiple occasions as a court-appointed guardian-ad-litem for minors and conservatees. A lecturer on tax and estate planning issues for various organizations, she is a member of the East Bay Tax Club.
She has chaired the trusts and estates section of the Alameda County Bar Association and served on the association’s board. A past president of the Rotary Club of Oakland, she has also served on the club’s board of directors and its foundation’s board of trustees. In addition, she has served on the board of the Peralta Colleges Foundation.
Before joining the firm, she formed Stein, Rudser, Cohen & Magid LLP, and, prior to that, Mary was a partner in Brody & Satz and an associate at Miller, Starr & Regalia, both in Oakland. Prior to coming to Oakland in 1985, Mary practiced tax law in New York City at Wender, Murase and White and at Stroock & Stroock & Lavan.
Ms. Rudser received her bachelor’s degree from Carleton College, a master’s in library science from the University of Maryland, a J.D. from Boston College Law School, and an LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Former Chair, Trusts & Estates Section, Alameda County Bar Association
- Former Chair, Trust Committee, Alameda County Bar Association
- Two-Term Member, Board of Directors, Alameda County Bar Association
- Member, East Bay Tax Club
- Member, Former President (2009-2010), Former Board Member, and Former Board of Trustee Member, Rotary Club of Oakland
- Former Board Member, Peralta Colleges Foundation
- Board Member, Alameda Health System Foundation
- Named, Super Lawyers, San Francisco Magazine, annually since 2005
- Awarded, AV® Preeminent™ (5.0 out of 5) peer-review rated, Martindale-Hubbell™
- Leader of Distinction, Girls Inc., 2015
- Donahue Fitzgerald Attorneys Named 2023 Super Lawyers
- Donahue Fitzgerald Attorneys Named 2022 Super Lawyers
- Donahue Fitzgerald Attorneys Named 2021 Super Lawyers
- Donahue Fitzgerald Attorneys Named 2020 Super Lawyers
- Donahue Fitzgerald Attorneys Named 2019 Super Lawyers
- Donahue Fitzgerald Attorneys Named 2018 Super Lawyers