John J. Coppinger Partner (510) 451-3300 email@example.com Download vCard LinkedInDownload Bio
John J. Coppinger has practiced transactional real estate law almost exclusively since his graduation from law school in 1981. His practice involves all aspects of the leasing (from both the landlord and tenant sides), acquisition, disposition, development and financing of office, commercial, industrial, residential and mixed used real property in California and across the United States. Most of his experience involves large, complex multi-party transactions. John has extensive experience in land use and environmental matters. He has significant experience as a counselor in real property disputes, workouts and resolutions. His clients include a number of Fortune 100 companies and private landowners, investors and developers.
John joined Donahue Fitzgerald LLP (then Donahue, Gallagher, Thomas & Woods) as an associate in 1984 and became a partner in 1990. He chairs the firm’s real estate practice. Prior to associating with Donahue Gallagher, John was an associate for two years at the Palo Alto firm of Bialson, Bergen & Schwab, where he practiced transactional real estate, corporate and intellectual property law. He has been a member of the State Bar of California since 1981.
John also matriculated in the Graduate School of Business at Santa Clara. During his undergraduate years, he represented Santa Clara at lacrosse and rugby. Prior to college, he attended public schools in Marin County and lives with his wife in the Oakland hills. He currently has a son attending college. Client, professional and personal references are available upon request.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Board Member and Past President, Friends of Oakland Parks and Recreation
- Former Board Member and Past President, Northern California Rugby Football Union (NCRFU)
- Former Vice President and Board Member, Pacific Rugby Football Union
- Former Member, USA Rugby Congress
- Judicial and Citation Officer, World Rugby (formerly the International Rugby Board) and USA Rugby
- Graduate, Oakland Chamber of Commerce Leadership Oakland Program