Emily L. Yip Senior Counsel (510) 451-3300 email@example.com Download vCard LinkedInDownload Bio
Emily Yip is a member of the firm’s Trusts and Estates practice group with practices focusing on Trusts and Estates and Family Law. She serves as a trusted advisor to individuals and families navigating complex legal matters related to estate planning, estate litigation, wealth transfer, tax planning, trust and estate litigation and administration, and family law.
Certified by the State Bar of California as a Specialist in Family Law, Emily handles family law matters including divorce, premarital and post-marital agreements, cohabitation agreements, mediation, and mediation consulting. Prior to joining Donahue Fitzgerald LLP, Emily’s practice focused exclusively on family law matters, including high net worth divorce; child and spousal support; complex property division; and pre/postmarital and cohabitation agreements. With her comprehensive knowledge of trust and estates law and family law, combined with her ability to navigate difficult circumstances with sensitivity and discretion, Emily is dedicated to providing her clients with practical solutions they need during challenging circumstances.
Emily has dedicated hours to pro bono work including family law, immigration, and conservatorship matters. She has served as a volunteer attorney as a Family Law Volunteer of the Day in San Francisco and Alameda Superior Courts, Asian Pacific Islander Legal Outreach, the Alameda County Bar Association’s Day of Court program, the Bar Association of San Francisco, and various citizenship clinics throughout the Bay Area. Emily has also served as a guest lecturer on family law at San Mateo Community College.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Founding Executive Board Member, Oregon Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Past Co-Chair, Solo and Small Firm Committee, Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area
- Member, Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area
- Member, Family Law and Trusts Estates Sections, Alameda County Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section, San Francisco Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section, San Diego Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section, Beverly Hills Bar Association