Douglas A. Crosby Partner (925) 746-7770 email@example.com Download vCard LinkedInDownload Bio
Douglas Crosby is a partner in Donahue Fitzgerald, where he specializes in commercial real estate transactions and counseling business entities.
Doug represents businesses ranging from retail to office and industrial, both locally and nationally, in a broad range of transactions, including purchase and sale agreements for existing retail space and undeveloped properties, leases for office and retail space and for energy development, agreements governing use, maintenance and development of shopping centers, and lender agreements involving major financial institutions. He also has extensive experience negotiating vendor subleases and contracts, as well as licensing agreements involving a variety of commercial retail and other business uses, and lease restructurings in response to unforeseen economic changes.
Doug’s general business practice encompasses small business formations and dissolutions, asset purchases, general corporate and real estate matters, employment agreements and policies and equipment leasing and purchases. His clients include restaurants, medical professionals, mortgage brokers and computer support businesses. He has also written articles for the Oakland Business Review addressing commercial vacancy issues and new sanitation ordinances.
Doug is an accomplished real estate lawyer and has practiced with the firm since 1988. He is active in youth soccer in Concord, coaching since 2003 in a league for children with special needs.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Articles Editor, Santa Clara Law Review
- Member, Real Property Section, State Bar of California
- Member, Real Property Section, Alameda County Bar Association
- Member, Environmental Law Section, Alameda County Bar Association
- Former Member and Current Supporter, Lake Merritt Breakfast Club-Sponsor, Children's Fairyland
- Member, Legacy Advisors Council, Children's Hospital Oakland
- Member, Board of Directors, California Autism Foundation