1896 Fitzgerald & Abbott Law Office
Our website’s homepage features an image of one of our legacy firm’s 1896 Fitzgerald and Abbott’s office. Robert M. Fitzgerald and Carl H. Abbott had offices in the corner building at Seventh Street and Broadway in 1896 when this drawing was made. Theo Gier (Eighth Street and Broadway) was a client of the Firm for many years. When the Seventh and Broadway building was razed, the copper-sheathed cupola was removed and adorned the Metropolitan Yacht Club building in Jack London Square. Over the next 30 years, Fitzgerald and Abbott would become Fitzgerald Abbot Beardsley.
In 1918 Judge William H. Donahue resigned from his position as Alameda County Superior Court Judge and William H.L. Hynes resigned as Alameda County District Attorney and founded the firm Donahue and Hynes. The Donahue firm’s name would change over nearly a century, becoming Donahue Gallagher Woods in 2003.
In 2014, the two firms merged to become Donahue Fitzgerald LLP, continuing a strong history of legal excellence and community service.
Today, we continue to grow on the foundation created by the firm’s founders, whether in providing outstanding legal services to its clients or by contributing to the development of our local communities. We look forward to continuing these traditions in the decades to come.