Donahue Fitzgerald LLP provides its clients a full range of civil legal services across a broad spectrum of areas and expertise. Our clients range from individuals, sole proprietorships, closely held businesses to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, and include some of the country’s most prominent technology companies and retailers.
We are seeking a Legal Secretary and/or Word Processor to join our Oakland office.
Essential Job Duties:
- Secretarial, word processing and legal administrative support for multiple partners and associate attorneys in our estates and trusts and litigation practice groups.
- Create, revise, and format estates and trusts documents, legal documents, correspondence and forms from handwritten drafts, notes, or dictation. Apply track changes, formatting, and styles; edit, label, and redact documents; compare documents using document comparison software and produce redlined versions; proofread final documents.
- Create depictions of estate plans using PowerPoint.
- Prepare property descriptions for deeds and other documents for filing with government agencies.
- Experience with E-filing in both State and Federal courts; ability to generate a TOC and TOA.
- Assisting attorneys and paralegals with special projects and other general administrative duties.
- Schedule and calendaring meetings and assist with the opening and closing of matters.
- 3+ years of experience as a litigation legal secretary and/or word processor within a law firm environment
- Advanced user of PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat, a must
- Ability to support multiple attorneys in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently with little or no supervision as well as part of a team
- Ability to handle complex assignments and complete projects under tight deadlines, must be able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Strong commitment to client service
- Must be a team player
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Ability to work overtime on an occasional basis
- High School diploma or GED, required
- 3+ years of litigation experience preferred
- Strong knowledge with Office 365 and Adobe Acrobat or FoxIt PDF
- Experience with a Document Management System such as IManage, Filesite, NetDocs
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Donahue Fitzgerald is an Equal Opportunity Employer.