The Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for all aspects of IT support of end-users, including computer hardware, software, office systems, peripherals, phone, and voicemail systems. This position is the gatekeeper of the Zoho ticketing system, The Desktop Support Specialist works closely with the System Administrators and the Operation Director on technology improvements and process efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Accepts ownership and accountability to troubleshoot helpdesk tickets for approximately 90+ end users
- Logs help desk calls into Zoho ticketing system from live calls, email and Team messages and documents resolutions to issues
- Communicates proactively with end users to ensure issues are clarified, effectively addressed, and resolved with the appropriate urgency. Ensures end-user satisfaction; maintains accountability throughout resolution, including when issue is delegated or handed off.
- Supports users with all hardware. software, and connectivity issues for both in-office and remote work environments
- Configure desktops, laptops, smartphones, telephones, multifunction devices and/or printers as directed by department protocols
- Manage end-user access in applications such as NetDocs, DocuSign, GfiFax, KnowBe4, Blubox and others
- Test and assist with deployment of new software
- Test imaged laptops and VDI images prior to distribution
- Responsible for Zoom administration by assigning proper license structures, access to phone plans and assigning direct lines and extensions
- Active Directory management of end-users’ accounts and shared resources
- Implementation and testing of end user hardware; computers, peripherals, personal printers, and bar-code scanners.
- Provide technical support for conference room meetings, including telephones, video/web conferencing applications such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, GoogleMeet, Webex and computer connectivity issues
- Responsible for the onboarding and offboarding processes for end-user accounts
- Conduct IT new hire orientation by providing an overview and/or training of user applications
- Maintain and track IT asset inventory through Absolute Secure Endpoint and various tracking spreadsheet
- Create Knowledge-based articles, training, and support workflows to assist end-users
- Manage procurement through CDW, Dell, Amazon, and other technology vendors. Track purchases and maintain asset tagging systems and lists
- Maintain and update IT Intranet page; provide to support to other departments, as needed
- Assist with importing and exporting electronic records, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work in-office five days a week
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology preferred
- Microsoft Certifications a plus
- 5+ years of previous help desk experience, working with an enterprise ticketing application
- 5+ years of experience with computer hardware and software, focused on Microsoft technologies, including Word, Outlook, Microsoft Teams
- Law firm or professional services experience preferred
- Experience and proficiency with Azure, Active Directory, SSO, VMware, Absolute and Cisco Security Products and Citrix VDI
- Experience supporting users across multiple locations
- Excellent customer service skills and computer troubleshooting skills
- Ability to follow instructions with high degree of accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively
- Skillful in investigating and analyzing problems; seeking clarification and support when needed and reporting to supervisor when necessary
- Flexibility to work as part of a team but also independently with supervision as required
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to work beyond 40 hours in a week, occasional overtime; some weekends may be required.
Donahue Fitzgerald is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To comply with Federal law, Donahue Fitzgerald participates in E-Verify. All newly hired employees are verified through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to confirm their identity and employment eligibility. Please refer to the Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Right to Work posters on the Donahue Fitzgerald Recruiting page for more information.
The estimated hourly rate of pay for this position is $37.00 – $44.00. Salary determinations are made based on numerous factors including, but not limited to years of relevant experience and job knowledge required for this role
Donahue Fitzgerald, LLP will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12.