Duties & Responsibilities
- Draft and revise Franchise Disclosure Documents and related contractual agreements
- Respond to comment letters from state regulators
- Advise clients regarding franchise sales compliance, renewals, and terminations
- Analyze and implement exemption-based franchise sales strategies
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts including master service agreements, license agreements and customer contracts
Knowledge, Skills, and Educational Requirements
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- California Bar license in good standing
- Must have 5+ years of Franchise Law experience, some experience with Real Estate and Corporate transactional work; Litigation, Trademark and/or Data Privacy experience, not required but a significant plus
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills
- Excellent research skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments independently
- Ability to interface with clients on a regular basis and provide sound legal advice with practical business considerations
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and a Document Management System, desired
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established firm that offers interesting work, a collaborative working environment, opportunities to support pro bono activities and competitive benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements to email@example.com, and please reference Franchise Attorney in the subject line of your e-mail.
Salary range: $150,000 to $190,000. The salary range does not guarantee, obligate, nor set expectations of an applicant’s salary in the event of hire. Actual compensation will depend upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s years of experience, qualifications and skill set.
DF LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer