Donahue Fitzgerald, LLP is seeking a senior attorney for our Trusts & Estates practice group in our Oakland and/or Walnut Creek office. In this time of significant planning opportunities for clients, the Trusts & Estates group has seen a demand for its services increase exponentially. The position is well-suited for someone who enjoys being busy and wants to work for a firm with an established path to partnership.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of estate planning and trust administration experience, with a background in tax, preferred
- Experience in drafting and implementing complex estate planning strategies such as GSTT legacy trusts, SLATs, GRATs, sales to IDGTs, and CRTs
- Experience in handling probate matters, including preparing and filing motions and trust litigation, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface with clients on a regular basis
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to problem solve and work with a variety of personalities and work styles
- Must be a self-starter with superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments within a fast-pace environment
- L.L.M in tax or requisite courses in law school that have been applied in practice
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and a Document Management System, desired
The ideal candidate also will have strong academic credentials from a top law school. Must be admitted and a member in good standing of the California Bar.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements to HR@Donahue.com and please reference Trusts & Estates Attorney in the subject line of your e-mail.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established firm that offers interesting work, a collaborative working environment, opportunities to support pro bono activities, competitive benefits and an annual requirement of 1,610 billable hours.
The estimated annual base salary range for this position is $160,000 – $200,000. Salary determinations are made based on numerous factors including, but not limited to years of relevant experience and job knowledge required for this role. Additional compensation includes hours based and origination bonuses.
Donahue Fitzgerald, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Donahue Fitzgerald, LLP will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12.