This program provides a complete analysis of key events in all areas of IP, providing updates on cases, legislation and government agency developments that IP lawyers need to know.
This session on anticounterfeiting will focus on the following:
- Direct Liability: 2015 case law updates and trends
- Seizures and Ex Parte Remedies: practical guidance on drafting an effective order
- Contributory Liability: effective strategies against online and brick and mortar retailers
- Legislative updates in the United States: how they apply in practice
- Customs and Border Patrol: recent regulations and developing concerns
- Recent developments in the global effort against anticounterfeiting
This session is a part of a two-day Intellectual Property Law Institute 2015 by the Practising Law Institute. For complete information and to register, visit the PLI website.
With a career spanning over 30 years, Anne Hiaring Hocking has focused her law practice on trademark and copyright law. After working at two large firms, she was the IP rights attorney for Pacific Telesis for five years, where she was responsible for all aspects of domestic and international trademark filing and enforcement and all copyright and trade secret procedures. In 1990, she founded her own law firm Hiaring + Smith LLP, which joined with Donahue Fitzgerald LLP in 2015.
Practical Law Institute