Shruti Bhutani Arora Associate (510) 251-7134 email@example.com Download vCard LinkedInDownload Bio
Shruti Bhutani Arora is an attorney in the Intellectual Property and Business and Corporate Practice Group with a focus on data privacy and security. She advises clients on privacy laws and assists with privacy compliance. She has assisted a number of technology companies with the GDPR compliance, including assisting them with self-certification with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss -U.S. Privacy Shield (collectively, “Privacy Shield”) programs. She has also assisted technology companies with COPPA and CAN –SPAM compliance and has negotiation experience in TCPA, HIPAA, COPPA, etc.
Shruti also counsels clients on clearance projects, trademark prosecution, and developing and implementing domestic and global trademark filing strategies.
Prior to joining Donahue Fitzgerald, she worked with Inventus Law (Palo Alto), Lott & Fischer (Miami) and Anand and Anand (India).
- EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Found Inadequate. SCCs Still Stand., July 16, 2019
- The Impact of Romag Fasteners Inc. v. Fossil Inc.: Willfulness Is Not Required For An Award Of Profits In Trademark Infringement, May 21, 2020
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Employee Privacy Issues, March 27, 2020
- Donahue Fitzgerald Ranked in Top Tier of 2020 “Best Law Firms”
- California Consumer Privacy Act, This post was originally published on November 7, 2018 and updated on July 16, 2019
- GDPR-Year One: Practitioners’ Perspective
- Associate Shruti B. Arora Joins Donahue Fitzgerald
Recent Speaking Engagements
January 23, 2020 | Oakland, CA
Corporate and Privacy Compliance for Nonprofits
October 07, 2019 | Walnut Creek, CA
GDPR and CCPA: Consumer-Focused Privacy Laws And Their Impact
Contra Costa County Bar Association