Sarah E. Robertson Partner
Ms. Robertson is a partner and chair of the firm’s Employment Practice Group. She has specialized exclusively in labor and employment law for more than twenty-five years, defending employers in litigation with emphasis on sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation issues. She has represented partnerships in lawsuits by partners and educational institutions in litigation with students.
Ms. Robertson assists clients with management of employee discipline and termination issues, wage-and-hour law compliance, harassment investigations, corporate reorganizations, unfair competition, and workplace safety and privacy issues. She has an expertise in advising clients regarding employee medical and family leave issues and often speaks on those topics to human resource and attorney groups.
Mr. Robertson often presents customized, on-site training programs for clients on a variety of human resources issues.
- Annual Employment Law Update: New Laws for 2017
- Moderator, Judges’ Panel, Alameda County Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Symposium
- Moderator, Judges’ Panel, Oakland Tech Talk
- Harassment Prevention, On-site Client Training Sessions for Supervisors and Staff
- Employee Medical Leave Laws, Oakland
- HR 101–Managing Disabilities in the Workplace
- Social Media in the Workplace, On-Site Client Training for HR Managers
- Effective Communication with Employees, On-Site Client workshop for Management Team
- Advanced Issues in Medical Leave Management and Accommodation of Disabilities, On-Site Client Training for HR Department
- Recent Developments in Employment Law and New Laws, On-Site Client Training for HR Managers
- Annual Employment Law Update
- HR 101: The Nuts and Bolts of Hiring and Firing: Aligning HR Practices with Core Values
- HR 101: Leave of Absence Alphabet Soup – FMLA, CFRA, ADA, ADAAA, PDL and More
- HR Training, On-site Client Training for Operational Managers at Medical Care Facility