Moqi Liu Associate (925) 953-6354 email@example.com Download vCard LinkedInDownload Bio
Moqi Liu is a corporate attorney who focuses her practice on incorporation and corporate governance, equity and debt financings, public and private securities issuances, and mergers and acquisitions. She also advises management teams and boards of directors with regard to fiduciary duties, corporate governance, and securities law disclosure as well as compliance issues. In addition, Moqi has experience advising clients on the domestic and cross-border asset-based acquisition and financing transactions.
During law school, Moqi interned for the Hon. Monica M. Marquez of the Colorado Supreme Court. She also served as president of the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association (APALSA). She was a member of the Colorado Technology Law Journal, and graduated first place in her class in the area of securities law, receiving the 2017 George Bermant Award for Best Student Work in Securities Law. In the legal community, Moqi was an editor for the Stanford Law School China Guiding Cases Project. In this role, she worked with other editors to facilitate Chinese judicial system reform by enhancing communications between Chinese and American judges.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, Chinese American Lawyers of the Bay Area
- Minoru Yasui Scholarship Award, Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Colorado, 2016
- The Role of Precedent in the United States: How Do Precedents Lose Their Binding Effect?, Editor, Chinese Translation, Stanford Law School China Guiding Cases Project, February 26, 2016
Past Speaking Engagements
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Presentation, Economics Class, Colorado College, October 9, 2017