Mario M. Choi Senior Counsel (510) 451-3300 email@example.com Download vCard LinkedInDownload Bio
Mario Choi joined Donahue Fitzgerald in 2021 and currently focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation matters, counseling and representing clients through all phases of the litigation process.
Prior to joining the firm, Mario was an attorney at Kaplan Fox & Kilsheimer LLP, representing individuals, companies, and public pension funds on a variety of securities, antitrust, consumer protection, and privacy class actions. Mario began his legal career in New York, first serving as a law clerk to a Justice of the New York Supreme Court, and then as a litigation associate at Pryor Cashman LLP.
Outside the office, Mario is an active member of the community. Mario serves as a Judge Pro Tem for the San Francisco Superior Court and is a lecturer at U.C. Berkeley School of Law. He is also a Commissioner on the Alameda County Consumer Affairs Commission and is a member of the Facilities Safety and Maintenance Oversight Committee for the Berkeley Unified School District. And Mario serves – or has served – on the boards of several non-profit and legal organizations, including the San Francisco Community Health Center, the Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom, and Wah Mei School. For his work, Mario was elected a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
Mario is a graduate of Northeastern University School of Law, Columbia University, and Boston University.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Judge Pro Tem, Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco, 2018-present
- Board of Directors, San Francisco Community Health Center, 2012-2018, 2019-present
- Commissioner, Alameda County Consumer Affairs Commission, 2020-present
- Member, Facilities Safety and Maintenance Oversight Committee, Berkeley Unified School District, 2021-present
- Board of Directors, Wah Mei School, 2015-2021
- Board of Directors, Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom, 2012-2018
- Membership Chair, LGBTQ+ Law Section, Federal Bar Association, 2019-present
- Member, Diversity Outreach Advisory Committee, California Lawyers Association, 2020-present
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area
- Member, Alameda County Bar Association
- Life Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Northern California Super Lawyer, Class Actions, Super Lawyers, 2020-2021
- Northern California Super Lawyer Rising Stars, Class Actions, Super Lawyers, 2015-2018