Katherine Hall Associate 510-451-3300 firstname.lastname@example.org Download vCard LinkedInDownload Bio
Katherine has a general business law practice which focuses on intellectual property, Internet, and information privacy law. She advises clients on various aspects of doing business online as well as providing product counseling related to securing and protecting intellectual property rights and managing the risks associated with the collection and use of personal data.
Among other things, Katherine has experience with:
- Copyright Registration, including software, visual arts, motion pictures, music, Internet works, and architectural works, among other creative works;
- Copyright Law and Trademark enforcement;
- Fair use, direct and secondary liability analysis;
- Uniform Domain Name Resolution Policy (UDRP) proceedings;
- Privacy Policies;
- COPPA compliance;
- Compliance with TCPA, TSR, CASL, CAN-SPAM and other marketing and advertising laws;
- Contract review;
Katherine is a Certified Information Privacy Professional. She holds CIPP/US/E and CIPM credentials which she uses to help guide clients through rapidly evolving privacy laws and regulations. Katherine advises and assists organizations of various sizes and industries with addressing and managing the risks associated with the collection and use of information assets.
Katherine was awarded the “High Tech Law Certificate, Intellectual Property Specialization” by the High Tech Law Institute at Santa Clara University School of Law. While attending law school, Katherine also worked as a paralegal in the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group gaining valuable experience with software license compliance, intellectual property enforcement, domain name enforcement, and copyright registration.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- CIPP/US (Certified Information Privacy Professional, United States)
- CIPP/E (Certified Information Privacy Professional, Europe)
- CIPM (Certified Information Privacy Manager)
- High Tech Law Certificate, Intellectual Property Specialization, High Tech Law Institute at Santa Clara University School of Law
Recent Speaking Engagements
January 24, 2019 | Oakland, CA
Preparing for the California Consumer Privacy Act