John F. Gardner Partner (925) 746-7770 email@example.com Download vCard LinkedInDownload Bio
John Gardner is a partner in the firm’s Corporate and Real Estate Practice Groups specializing in complex corporate, commercial and real estate matters. Clients working with John span a diverse range of industries, including, technology, life sciences, venture capital, real estate development, financial services, community banking, industrial manufacturing, consumer goods, international trade, professional and consulting services, and nonprofit foundations.
Corporate John represents public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing transactions, joint ventures and strategic partnerships, and corporate control and governance matters. His corporate law practice emphasizes technology start-up ventures, emerging growth companies, and mature operating enterprises, as well as several Fortune 500 companies. He serves as general counsel to many closely-held businesses, providing both strategic guidance and general advice to the companies and their board of directors.
Real Estate John advises private and institutional real estate developers, builders and lenders and has been lead counsel on several hundred million dollars in real estate acquisitions, investments and joint ventures. He regularly counsels institutional property managers and commercial tenants, and negotiates and documents retail, commercial and industrial property leases.
Commercial John negotiates commercial agreements and arrangements, including joint ventures, strategic alliances, development, supply, distributorship, marketing, consulting, and other contract matters.
Prior to practicing law, John was a consultant to the Organization of American States regarding international trade issues, in particular international joint ventures. He also advised Latin American businesses regarding import-export and marketing.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Member, Business Law Section, State Bar of California
- Member, Real Property Law Section, State Bar of California
- Member, Real Estate Section, Contra Costa Bar Association
- Member, Business Section, Contra Costa Bar Association
- Member, Corporate Counsel, Contra Costa Bar Association
- Member, Rotary International
- Member, Membership Committee, East Bay Leadership Council
- Awarded, AV® Preeminent™ (5.0 out of 5) peer-review rated, Martindale-Hubbell™
- Named, Client Service All-Star, BTI Consulting Group
- Donahue Fitzgerald Ranked in Top Tier of 2021 “Best Law Firms”
- Donahue Fitzgerald Ranked in Top Tier of 2020 “Best Law Firms”
- Donahue Fitzgerald Ranked in Top Tier of 2019 “Best Law Firms”
- Donahue Fitzgerald Ranked in Top Tier of 2018 “Best Law Firms”
- Donahue Fitzgerald Ranked In Top Tier of 2017 “Best Law Firms”