Holiday D. Powell Senior Counsel 510-451-3300 email@example.com Download vCard LinkedInDownload Bio
Holiday D. Powell focuses her practice on commercial, real estate, product liability, and other civil litigation. She represents Fortune 500 companies, privately held companies and individual clients from a variety of sectors, such as technology, life sciences, and insurance, in class actions, MDLs, and individual cases across the country in state and federal courts. She manages all aspects of state and federal court litigation, including pre-litigation claim investigations and resolutions, discovery and motion practice, mediations, trials and appeals.
Holiday is the Vice-Chair of the Class Action and Mass Tort Special Litigation Group of the Defense Research Institute’s (DRI’s) Product Liability Committee. She is also a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel, the Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California & Nevada, and the Bar Association of San Francisco.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Vice Chair, Product Liability Committee, Class Action and Mass Tort Special Litigation Group, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Named one of Super Lawyers' "Top Women Attorneys in Southern California" , Los Angeles Magazine, 2013-2016
- Named Southern California Super Lawyer "Rising Star", 2013-2016
- Named one of Super Lawyers' "Top Women Attorneys in Northern California", Los Angeles Magazine, 2015-2016
- Named Northern California Super Lawyers "Rising Star", 2015-2016
- Author, “The New FDA Nutrition Facts Label: Sweet For Consumers, But Not So Sweet For Manufacturers,” Defense Comment, Association of Defense Counsel, Fall 2016
- “Rainmaking in a Competitive Environment: What a Young Lawyer Can Do to Start Building a Book of Business,” ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Committee Newsletter, Spring 2014 & ASCDCVerdict magazine, 2013 Vol. 3
- Co-author, “Point-of-Use Devices Raise Specter of Liability of Water Providers,” American Water Works Association California-Nevada Section, SOURCE Magazine, Vol.26 Number 4, Fall 2012
- Morris Polich & Purdy LLP Email Alert, “Court of Appeal Upholds Component Part Supplier Defense,” February 9, 2012
- “The Road to Sovereignty in the Pacific: A Framework for Pacific Island Development Policy.” New Zealand Center for Strategic Studies, Wellington, NZ, 2003
Past Speaking Engagements
- Co-Presenter, “Using Social Media to Defend Cases,” 57th Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California & Nevada Annual Meeting, December 9, 2016.
- Presenter, “Proactive Risk Management for Satellite Developers in Today’s Product Liability Minefield, 30th Annual AIAA/USU Conference on Small Satellites, August 9, 2016
- Presenter, “Results of the Law Firm Management Survey,” Association of Defense Counsel of California & Nevada’s 2015 Business of Law Seminar, August 2015