Gerald C. Smith Of Counsel (510) 451-3300 firstname.lastname@example.org Download vCard LinkedInDownload Bio
Mr. Smith is a member of the firm’s Business and Corporate Transactions Group. Mr. Smith focuses his practice on counseling clients, both public and private, on all aspects of their corporate activities including mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and credit facilities. He has also been heavily involved in real estate development activities for clients throughout California and Nevada.
For more than twenty years, Mr. Smith has been involved in the planning and development of vast land holdings in Northern Nevada for a major firm client. These activities have ranged from land exchanges with the United States Forest Service and the development of industrial and residential projects to the development of golf course communities and educational complexes. This unique experience has provided Mr. Smith with the opportunity to understand the nature of real estate transactions from the property owner’s point of view as well as that of the attorney.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Member, Business and Real Estate Sections, Alameda County Bar Association
- Member, Business Section, California State Bar Association
- Member, Tax and Business Law Sections, American Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Oakland Elizabeth House, 1998-2005
- Board of Directors, Boalt Hall Alumni, 1992-2002
- Board of Directors, Nell J. Redfield Foundation, 1974-present
- Board of Trustees, University of Nevada Reno, 2008-present
- Chair, Vice Chair, Gift Acceptance and Property Acquisition Committee, 2016
- Awarded, AV® Preeminent™ (5.0 out of 5) peer-review rated, Martindale-Hubbell™